A free voice and video call app
Line connects you to friends and family with live chats, free voice and video calls, fun stickers and everything you need to keep in touch with your social network.
Say goodbye to plain and boring text messaging when you can have an immersive, social, and most importantly beautiful chat experience with Line.
Customize your screens with theme packs, react with cute stickers, and publish important news and pictures to people in your circles with the Timeline feature.
It’s important to note that the translator doesn’t always work; to date the app doesn’t have a dependable way to backup, restore, or sync messages and files between separate Android devices.
With over 600 million active users, Line is a great way to keep in touch with your friends and family.
- Free Voice and Video Calls Stick with text chats, enjoy fast and high quality voice and video calls, even if none of you are on the same operating system!
- Make Line Yours with Fun Theme Packs and Cute Stickers Emojis reaction GIFs are nice, but stickers give a whole new dimension to your chats.
- Stay Close with Those that Matter Most You can make one-on-one calls or even with up to 200 people! Line also is a full-featured social network that lets you share timeline posts, follow and comment on your friends’ day to day lives as well.
- Translation Issues The in-app translator supports the most popular languages and then some, but functionality can be hit and miss – so don’t depend on it without a backup.
- No Backup/Restore Option for Android If you want to be able to transfer, backup or restore message history to different Android devices, this might not be the application for you.
If the screen appears blank when trying to view related services or web pages in LINE, please update to the latest version of Android System WebView.
If the blank screen issue continues after updating WebView, try updating Chrome to its latest version.
▼Android System WebView
Potentially dangerous permissions
- ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION: Allows an app to access approximate location. Alternatively, you might want ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION.
- ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION: Allows an app to access precise location. Alternatively, you might want ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION.
- CALL_PHONE: Allows an application to initiate a phone call without going through the Dialer user interface for the user to confirm the call.
- CAMERA: Required to be able to access the camera device.
- GET_ACCOUNTS: Allows access to the list of accounts in the Accounts Service.
- READ_CONTACTS: Allows an application to read the user's contacts data.
- READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to read from external storage.
- READ_PHONE_STATE: Allows read only access to phone state, including the phone number of the device, current cellular network information, the status of any ongoing calls, and a list of any PhoneAccounts registered on the device.
- RECEIVE_SMS: Allows an application to receive SMS messages.
- RECORD_AUDIO: Allows an application to record audio.
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to write to external storage.
- ACCESS_LOCATION_EXTRA_COMMANDS: Allows an application to access extra location provider commands.
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Allows applications to access information about networks.
- ACCESS_WIFI_STATE: Allows applications to access information about Wi-Fi networks.
- BLUETOOTH: Allows applications to connect to paired bluetooth devices.
- BLUETOOTH_ADMIN: Allows applications to discover and pair bluetooth devices.
- BROADCAST_STICKY: Allows an application to broadcast sticky intents. These are broadcasts whose data is held by the system after being finished, so that clients can quickly retrieve that data without having to wait for the next broadcast.
- CHANGE_NETWORK_STATE: Allows applications to change network connectivity state.
- CHANGE_WIFI_STATE: Allows applications to change Wi-Fi connectivity state.
- DISABLE_KEYGUARD: Allows applications to disable the keyguard if it is not secure.
- GET_TASKS: This constant was deprecated in API level 21. No longer enforced.
- INSTALL_SHORTCUT: Allows an application to install a shortcut in Launcher.
- INTERNET: Allows applications to open network sockets.
- MODIFY_AUDIO_SETTINGS: Allows an application to modify global audio settings.
- VIBRATE: Allows access to the vibrator.
- WAKE_LOCK: Allows using PowerManager WakeLocks to keep processor from sleeping or screen from dimming.
- WRITE_SETTINGS: Allows an application to read or write the system settings.